The Noninvasive Vascular Laboratory is a key component of our vascular group, Vascular Health Partners. Noninvasive testing of arteries and veins allows patients to be examined using Doppler ultrasound and other non-invasive techniques without the risks and discomforts of injections and other invasive tests. These tests allow the diagnosis of almost all known or suspected vascular problems and can often determine the severity of the problems, in addition to the need for any subsequent treatment.
A full range of noninvasive tests are available at Vascular Health Partners’ Noninvasive Vascular Laboratory in Latham, Queensbury, and Amsterdam, NY, including tests for:
- Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) – blockages in the arterial blood supply to the arms or legs due to atherosclerosis or other diseases, which may threaten the limbs.
- Doppler and Pulse Volume Recording (PVR) arterial exams of the legs or arms (Physiologic testing)
- Duplex ultrasound scan of the extremity arteries
- Treadmill exercise testing for claudication (leg pain with walking)
- Aortic Aneurysms – A ballooning of the major artery that can cause fatal rupture or acute blockage with loss of an extremity.
- Aortic duplex scan
- Peripheral Arterial Aneurysms
- Duplex scan of peripheral arteries for aneurysms
- Cerebrovascular Disease – Blockages in the arteries that supply the brain potentially causing stroke.
- Carotid artery duplex scan
- Mesenteric Arterial Disease – Disorders of circulation to the gut.
- Mesenteric Duplex scan
- Renal Artery Disease – Circulatory disorders of the kidneys that cause hypertension (high blood pressure) or kidney failure.
- Renal artery duplex scan
- Duplex scan of the renal veins
- Deep Venous Thrombosis (DVT) – Blood clots in the veins that could migrate to the lungs leading to a fatal pulmonary embolus or lead to chronic debilitating leg pain and swelling.
- Inferior vena cava (IVC) scan
- Duplex of upper & lower extremity and neck veins
- Chronic Venous Disease – Varicose veins and other disorders that cause leg swelling and leg ulcers.
- Duplex scan of the venous valves of the leg
- Dialysis Access planning and follow-up – Testing of veins and arteries in the arms to plan the procedure, and to follow-up on how the access is maturing and doing over the long-term.
- Mapping of the arm arteries and veins prior to dialysis fistula creation
- Dialysis access maturation study
- Specialized examinations
- Duplex scan for evaluation of aortic endografts
- Vein “mapping” preoperatively for peripheral bypass
- Duplex scan of lower extremities after peripheral artery stenting or bypass procedures.
Vascular Health Partners locations located in Latham, Queensbury, and Amsterdam, NY has been granted a three-year term of accreditation by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC) in Vascular Testing in the area(s) of Extracranial Cerebrovascular Testing, Peripheral Venous Testing, Peripheral Arterial Testing, and Visceral Vascular Testing. Accreditation by the IAC indicates that Vascular Health Partners Queensbury has undergone an intensive application and review process and is found to be in compliance with the published Standards thus demonstrating a commitment to quality patient care in vascular testing.